How high are the additional purchase costs in Italy?
In Italy, the amount of the ancillary purchase costs depends on the primary or secondary residence.
- secondary residence: land transfer tax on buildings 10 % of the cad astral value
- Primary residence: land transfer tax on buildings 3 % of the cad astral value
- Note cad astral value: this is in the cad astral excerpt and is calculated from the cad astral yield. This value is usually much lower than the current market value.
- Agricultural land: Land transfer tax 18 % of the purchase price
- Notary fees: 1 - 2.5 % of the purchase price
- possibly sworn translator approx. 600 - 800 Euro
- Geometer costs - review of the building lease approx. 1000 - 1.300 Euro
- Real estate agent commission in Italy: 3 % payable and due on conclusion of the preliminary contract
- the value added tax in Italy is: 22 %
- There are no restrictions for EU citizens, but for Swiss citizens who want to buy a holiday property in Italy: house up to 200 sqm living space and up to 1.000 sqm land. This restriction does not apply to businesses such as hotels or emigration!
Our offer in Italy: beautiful real estate in Tuscany and in Puglia for sale. Country house with hotel B & B in Tuscany. Property for sale in Puglia by the sea or with sea view hotel, Masseria, Trulli, holiday house in Italy and villa for sale.